Thursday, March 22, 2007

Black Sabbath


Sometimes you strike gold on the web. Today, while looking at a Rhino Records promotion for "Black Sabbath - The Dio Years", I noticed a small, text-only link: "Watch videos by Black Sabbath". I was expecting a couple of crappy MySpace/YouTube-style Flash (hate that shit) embedded videos not worth watching because of the extremely poor quality. I can understand the popular concept of YouTube, but why on earth do they have to use such low-fi technology? Anyway, I opened up what turned out be is a small goldmine of Black Sabbath videos. Three beyond classic Black Sabbath recordings and a cover version of the 1955 Carl Perkins' classic Blue Suede Shoes in high-quality, stellar formats. You are given a selection of choice of the three de facto web video formats: QuickTime, RealPlayer and WindowsMedia. I picked the the 400K WM files and couldn't believe my luck. I mean, you rarely go to your DVD library and look for a 'The Story of Black Sabbath' type disc, load it and scare your entire family to death with a Black Sabbath video on the flat TV screen, right? You want to watch it on the web at the stroke of a key. Well, here they are. One click away. The videos are so amazing that I have posted them on no less than three blogs: my personal blog (you are here!), my music video blog (www.realvj.com) and the video blog section of my social network (www.bongorama.tv). Oh, and remember: these videos are from 1970-1971!! It doesn't get any better than this.

"Black Sabbath"
"Paranoid"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home