Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Depeche Mode "Songs of Faith and Devotion"


Just checked out The Killers' celebrity playlist on iTunes. Brandon Flowers always picks a Depeche Mode track and usually from the 'Songs of Faith and Devotion' album, the difficult DM album from 1993.

'I Feel You' is the monster, all rocked-out lead single, which is already a classic. I recently watched a DM three-in-a-row video sequence on VH1 and was reminded of how strong the 'In Your Room' (also a single) track is.

This album is now remastered and also available in the massive complete DM iTunes package.

Bonus personal trivia: I actually made a bet with Martin Gore about this record. We met somewhere in Europe during the recordings. It was almost finished and Martin was worried that they couldn't follow up the huge succes of Violator in the U.S. I claimed the album would go straight to the Billboard No.1 and if it did Martin would invite me to America to see one of the shows of the upcoming world tour.

It did.

I never cashed in the bet.

I sure hope there's another world tour coming up in the future.

Extra bonus info: The Killers opened for Depeche Mode on their last tour (some gigs only, among them Copenhagen - on the other dates The Raveonettes from Denmark (!) were the support band).

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home