Sunday, May 20, 2007

Blogging from Heathrow Express via T-Mobile WiFi


I am on the Heathrow Express. I just wanted to check the onboard WiFi service. It is only a 15 minute ride, so I hardly have time to boot up my X60.

The weather is amazing here. It is my first stop on a short Europe tour to London, Paris, Nice, Cannes and Monaco. If there is time, I will try to squeeze in Saint Tropez and San Remo.

Planning is for the poor (and I am not wealthy), so here is my itenary for LDN:

1. Check-in at the new Haymarket Hotel - prepare review for The Bongorama London City Guide.
2. See the Gilbert & George exhibition @ Tate Modern. Update Bongorama Art Club blog.
3. See Pete Doherty's controversial "blood" exhibition. Upadate Bongorama Art Club blog.
4. Grizzly Bear concert @ Scala on Monday. Write review for the Bongorama Music Club blog.
5. Actually (4). Call my London friends to see if they want to go to the concert. Grizzly Bear rock.
6. Check the Flavorpill newsletter and local listings for any other cool new things in LDN.

I will write from the Eurostar later and compare WiFi speeds. Btw, I am tired of paying for WiFi access at the expensive designer hotels I stay at. Radisson SAS are offering free services and has an ad in the train promoting just that.

I am now testing the speed of the Heathrow Express WiFi service. It doesnt go any higher than 512K.

Download:
259 Kbit/s
Upload:
134 Kbit/s

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home